1. Aleman BMP, Van Den Belt-Dusebout AW, De Bruin ML, et al: Late cardiotoxicity after treatment for hodgkin lymphoma. Blood 109:1878-1886, 2007
2. Carver JR, Ng A, Meadows AT, et al: Cardiovascular late effects and the ongoing care of adult cancer survivors. Dis Manage 11:1-6, 2008
3. Hasinoff BB, and Herman EH: Dexrazoxane: how it works in cardiac and tumor cells. Is it a prodrug or is it a drug? Cardiovasc Toxicol 7:140-144, 2007
4. Simbre VC, Adams MJ, Ddeshpande SS et al. Cardiomyopathy caused by antineoplastic therapies. Curr Treat Options Cardiovasc Med 2001:3:493-505
5. Wexler LH, Andrich MP, Venzon D, et al. Randomized trial of the cardioprotective agent ICRF-187 in pediatric sarcoma patients treated with doxorubicin. J Clin Oncol 1996: 14:362-372
6. Moller TR, Garwicz Z, Barlow L et al. Decreasing late mortality among five-year survivors of cancer in childhood and adolescence: a populatin-based study in the Nordic countries. J Clin Oncol 2001:19:3173-3181
7. Simbre VC, Adams MJ, Deshpande SS, et al. Cardiomyopathy caused by antineoplastic therapies.
Curr Treat Options Cardiovasc Med 2001;3:493–505.
8. Adams JM and Lipshultz SE. Pathophysiolog of Anthracycline and radiation associated cardiomyopathies: Implications for screening and prevention. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2005:44:600–606
9. Lipshultz SE, Alvarez JA and Scully RE. Anthracycline associated cardiotoxicity in survivors of
childhood cancer. Heart 2008:94:525–533.
10. Van dalen EC, Caron HN, Kremer LC. Prevention of anthracyclineinduced cardiotoxicity in children: the evidence. Eur J Cancer
11. Kalay N, Basar, E, Ozdogru I, et al. Protective effects of Carvedilol against anthracycline induced cardiomyopathy. J Am Coll Cardiol, 2006; 48:2258-2262
12. Lipshultz SE, Vlach SA, Lipsitz SR, et al. Cardiac changes associated with growth hormone therapy among children treated with anthracyclines. Pediatrics 2005:115:1613–22.
13. Lipshultz SE, Rifai N, Sallan SE, et al. Predictive value of cardiac troponin-T in pediatric patients at risk for myocardial injury. Circulation:1997:96:2641-2658.
14. llace WHB and Green DM. (2004) Late effects of childhood cancer. (pp 85-100). London, EnglaWand: Arnold.
15. Schwartz CL, Hobbie WL, Constine LS, et al. (2005) Survivors of Childhood and Adolescent Cancer. (pp 133-159). Heidelberg, Germany: Springer.
16. Guyton AC. Textbook of medical physiology, 7th edn. (1986) Philidelphia: Sauders.
17. Storrow AB, Gilber WB. The role of cardiac markers in the emergency department. Clin Chim Acta 1999:284:187-196.
18. Sandri MT , Salvatici M , Cardinale D , et al . N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide after high-dose chemotherapy: a marker predictive of cardiac dysfunction? Clin Chem: 2005 :51 ( 8 ): 1405 – 1410
19. Tikanoja T, Riikonen P, Perkkio M, et al. Serum N-terminal atrial natriuretic peptide (NT-ANP) in the cardiac follow-up in children with cancer. Med Pediatr Onco 1998:31:73-78.
20. Barry E, Alvarez JA, Scully RE, et al. Anthracycline-induced cardiotoxicity: course, pathophysiology, prevention and management. Expert Opin Pharmacother 2007:8:1039–58.
21. Weesner KM. Exercise echocardiography in the detection of anthracycline cardiotoxicity. Cancer 1991:68:435–438.
22. Schwartz CL, Hovvie WI, Truesdell S et al. Corrected QT interval prolongation in anthracycline –treated survivors of childhood cancer. J Clin Oncol 1993: 11:1906-1910.
23. Heidenreich PA, Schnittger I, Strauss HW et al. Screening for Coronary Artery Disease After Mediastinal Irradiation for Hodgkin’s Disease. J Clin Oncol 2007:25:43-49
24. Byrd BF and Mendes LA. Cardiac complications of mediastinal radiotherapy, the other side of the coin. J Am Coll Cardiol 2003:42:750-751
25. Heidenreich, PA and Kapoor JR. Radiation induced heart disease. Heart 2009: 95:252-258.
26. Barry E, Alvarez JA, Scully RE, et al. Anthracycline-induced cardiotoxicity: course, pathophysiology, prevention and management. Expert Opin Pharmacother 2007:8:1039